Friday, October 30, 2015

Christmas Poinsettia

Happy Friday! Today I have another Christmas card to share.


I finally used my WPlus9 Pretty Poinsettias stamp set that I bought last year - or maybe the year before. It's a multi-layered poinsettia set and I love it! I've only used 2 layers on this card. For both the petals and the leaves, I've used the stamp and the vein stamp. I stamped with SSS Hot Lips and Hero Arts Field Green. The ink needs to be completely dry on one layer before you add the next layer or it will not be darker on the next layer. The pollen was added with The same green ink and Mustard Seed distress ink.

The sentiment is from the Penny Black Christmas Cheer stamp set. I love the different fonts in this sentiment set. I die cut the panel with a SSS stitched rectangle die, added it to green CS and adhered it to the card base.

I am just squeaking this in to the Happy Little Stampers October Christmas Challenge where a poinsettia needs to be featured. Also I will join in at Time Out #43 for their Christmas challenge without the twist. I am also entering Addicted to Stamps & More where the theme is Holiday.



Tomorrow morning I'll be off to a feis bright and early to watch my Irish princess compete. Then in the evening it will be trick or treating time. I hope you have a great Halloween. Enjoy!

                                                                         Pam

                                                      


15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Pam ... love your beautiful poinsettia. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layered stamping Pam, you are patient to let the ink dry... I am not so good at that! Have a fun day and don't eat to much candy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card Pam and I love your bright and festive poinsettia!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layered stamping, Pam ... gorgeous bold colour against the white ... and a fabulous, scripty sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! It's impossible to not get in the Christmas mood with poinsettias. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love poinsettias and this card is so pretty! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful poinsettia and a lovely CAS design too! :) Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your poinsettia and love your CAS design
    beautifull and festive card
    thanks for playing along with us at ATSM this week
    hugs, Monika (DT at ATSM)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your poinsettia stamped with two layers is gorgeous; I can only imagine how remarkable it must be with the full treatment! CAS-ilious!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty poinsettia - I love the layered stamping effect! A very classy and elegant holiday card - thanks so much for taking the Time Out to play along with us! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty Pam! That Poinsettia is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the multi layered poinsettia and the stitched frame is so crisp and clean.
    Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that Poinsettia Pam! Great design! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful poinsettia card! Thanks so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete